Contractors & Current Bids
Steps for potential bidders.
1. Download and carefully review each of the project documents from this website. Each bid package consists of several pdf files. The first document you should review is the RFP (Request For Proposals). You are responsible for understanding all deadlines, insurance, contractor qualification, and the project scope.
2. Attend the pre-bid meeting and register your company to bid this project. (See bid package for pre-bid meeting date)
3. Put together your team and bid the work. Carefully read the bid documents to make sure you clearly understand what you are bidding. If you have any questions contact SBH as directed in the bid documents.
4. Watch for any addenda issued by SBH. Addenda will be sent to registered bidders only. These addenda may change your bid amount so read them carefully.
5. Turn in your proposal by the bid due date along with any additional required documents. The delivery location and format are specified in the RFP.
6. SBH will review the bids internally and get back to all bidders with either an award announcement or additional directions. This process takes approximately one week.
301 Chapin: Apts E & F
702 W LaSalle
ECONOMIC INCLUSION POLICY
While South Bend Heritage completes numerous projects with private funds, SBH is a Sub-recipient of federal funds for various projects. As a sub recipient SBH submits applications for competitive funding that address St. Joseph County Housing & Community Development (HCD) Plan Priority Needs and Community Development Block Grant CDBG/HOME funding National objectives. Public and community non-profit agencies approved for federal funding are required to sign a written Agreement with the City of South Bend to ensure compliance with City of South Bend, federal regulations, Federal Executive Orders and related HUD federal regulations including the Davis Bacon Act. Funds are subject to Federal and local regulations including but not limited to: non-discrimination, equal opportunity, accessibility, lead-based paint, prevailing wages, Uniform Relocation Act, audits, procurement, and environmental review. Additional requirements can be found in the CDBG regulations and OMB Circular A-122 and A-110. SBH understands these requirements prior to applying for funds to ensure that it has adequate administrative systems in place to fulfill the requirements. Questions pertaining to SBH procurement and contracting processes should be directed to Marco Mariani, Executive Director. 574-289-1066 ext 216 email@example.com
South Bend Heritage strives to continually have meaningful and substantial levels of participation by Section 3 Certified Business (Section 3), Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs), Women Business Enterprises (WBEs), and Small Business Enterprises (SBEs) in the services for which it contracts, and in its various contracts for development projects. Please contact us for more information. We support the City of South Bend’s Diversity & Inclusion Program.
- 702 St Louis Blvd (3/4/2020)
- Gemini – Colfax 6 Apts (3/16/2020)
- 615 LaSalle (10/30/2019)
- 912 W Oak (10/31/2019)
- 926 N Hill (8/7/2019)
- 832 N St Louis Blvd (8/7/2019)
- 1122 W. Jefferson (3/29/2019)
- 220 Seebirt Court (3/29/2019)
- Gemini Apartments renovation (8/16/2018)
- 921 W. Oak Street New Construction Home release (7/27/2018)
- 917 N. Hill Street New Construction Home release (7/25/2018)
- 305-307 Chapin Street Renovation release 6/19/2018)
- 737 South Bend Ave. (release 2/20/2018)
- 838-840 Colfax (release 11/9/17)
- Triangle Single Family Home (release date 8/25/2017)
- 816 W. Colfax Street (release date 2/2/2017)
- 121 N. Walnut (release date 11/28/2016)
- Oak Street Homes (release date 9/29/2016)
- Permanent Supportive Housing Building (release date 9/7/2016)
- Permanent Supportive Housing Site Work (release date 8/10/2016)
- 225 N. Taylor (release date 7/18/16)
- 812 & 813 N. Hill Street t (release date 5/13/16)
- 115 Garfield Court (release date 11/06/15)
- 905/907 Lincolnway West (release date 06/03/15)
- South Bend Mutual Homes (release date 03/26/15)
- 1215 Cedar Street (release date 09/22/14)
- 520 N. Cushing (release date 09/22/14)
- 741 Cottage Grove (release date 09/17/14)
- 1902 Prairie Ave S. (release date 09/17/14)
- 218 S. Chapin Phase 2 (release date 3/6/14)
- 303 S. Chapin Apartments (release date 2/25/14)
- 218 Chapin House Separation (release date 11/1/13)
- Colfax Cultural Center ADA Lavatory Addition (release date 10/15/13)