We’re hiring! Join our team as a maintenance technician. To apply, please submit resume:
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Maintenance Technician will be responsible, under the direction of the Property Manager, for the overall maintenance of the apartment complex and all areas related to the day‐to‐day maintenance operations of the rental community. Essential duties include but are not limited to:
1) Basic knowledge electrical, plumbing, carpentry, masonry and painting
2) Repairing and treating structures such as showers, sinks, appliances, doors/cabinets, walls and building exteriors.
3) Ensuring all work orders are completed in a timely manner
4) Make ready units for new move‐ins
5) Have a working knowledge of HVAC systems
6) Able to diagnose and troubleshoot problems
7) Responsible for 24 hour emergency maintenance
8) Complete grounds work such as: grounds pick up, sweeping and light landscaping
9) Schedule and complete preventative maintenance program
10) Coordinate special projects as directed
Maintenance Technician must maintain a professional and courteous manner with residents, visitors, contractors and fellow employees. Maintenance Tech must have the necessary basic tools to effectively complete tasks outlined above. One must have the ability to follow oral and written instructions. Short travel between properties is required.
High School Diploma or GED Required
Valid Driver’s License and Reliable Transportation Required
South Bend Heritage Foundation
803 Lincolnway West
South Bend IN 46616
Not-for-Profit Affordable Housing provider
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants shall be considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.