Considered South Bend’s first “skyscraper”, The Rushton was built in 1906 and housed real estate agents, clerks, managers, lawyers and teachers in its 35 apartments. Eventually abandoned in the early 2000s, the Rushton has spent the past decade awaiting a new purpose. Secured by Indiana Landmarks in 2005 and purchased by South Bend Heritage in 2012 – The Rushton is shining once again as a prominent fixture of downtown South Bend.
Newly renovated in 2013, leasing is now underway for the 23 units which are mix of studio, one and two bedroom units.
501 W. Washington Street
South Bend, IN 46601
(574) 400-0998 – Call for availability and rates